Student driving and parking on school property is a privilege at the Career Institute of Technology. To qualify for driving privileges the following criteria must be met.
1. Permission from your sending high school principal.
2. Maintain a safe driving record and an acceptable disciplinary record.
3. Abide by the Student Code of Conduct.
4. Adhere to the Student/Driving Parking Regulations and the Attendance
and Tardy Policy.
5. Pay a non-refundable payment of $10.00 to receive a permanent parking
permit. If the permit is lost or stolen, a temporary permit can be obtained, for
one (1) week, until an additional $5.00 non-refundable payment is paid for a
new permanent permit.
Permanent parking permits will be granted for the following reasons and are available in the main office:
1. Cooperative Education.
2. Verified long-term home school sports or activities.
3. Other reasonable requests approved by the home school principal,
4. the Coordinator of Student Services at the CIT, and the parent or guardian
as referred to in the Student Code of Conduct.